Monday, November 30, 2015

Makeup for Oily Skin


Yay! I successfully finished everything on my to-do list so that I could write my first blog post here. It's pretty exciting. Anyway, onto the main point, oily skin. I have extremely oily skin, like, if I wear regular foundation, my forehead is reflective within two hours. So, I have spent a lot of time and money searching and trying out the best products (both high-end and drugstore) to find out the best products for controlling oil and lasting all day. These are the best ones I've found for oily skin, plus pictures of how they wear throughout the day. I hope these help!
Let's start with the face! I love the Rimmel Stay Matte Primer and I've been using it for almost a year now. (As you can see, it's almost empty.) It's a pretty thick formula, but it minimizes my pores and creates a matte canvas for foundation. If you're not using a primer and you have oily skin--start using one ASAP! It will definitely increase the longwear of your BB cream or foundation. For a lighter day, I like the Garnier BB cream for oily skin. While it's definitely not full coverage, it is the best BB cream I've found for oil control. For foundation, I do like the L'Oreal Infallible foundation. (This is the best I've found for keeping me matte) However, none of the colors match my skin tone (I have fair/light skin with a yellow undertone) so I really can't use it. Therefore, my go-to foundation is the Covergirl Outlast 3-in-1. I really like this foundation! It will last up to 8 hours without any touch-ups, and after that, I just touchup with a matte powder and it can continue to last all day. I find that this has a really buildable coverage, though the color selection isn't that great for us pale girls (the lightest shade matches me perfectly, and it has a neutral undertone; if you are fair, go with the L'Oreal Infallible). Concealer-wise, I prefer the Physician's Formula Concealer twins. The green is perfect for canceling out redness, and the skin-tone shade is very buildable and covers up acne fairly well. It does cling to dry patches, so be aware, but it is very long-lasting. Lastly, I prefer using a beauty sponge versus a brush to apply my makeup. I find the finish to be much more natural and not as streaky than with a brush. I found a knock off beauty blender at TJ Maxx for $3.99 and it works great!
To finish off the face, my all-time FAVORITE setting powder is the Laura Mercier Translucent Setting Powder, this powder will change your life if you're willing to spend the money. The travel size lasted me 4 months and is seriously incredible. If you bake this with the included puff, your makeup will last hours with out any oil whatsoever (after that, it's a natural, dewy look). I promise. Since mine ran out and I'm waiting on my birthday and Christmas, I have been using the Maybelline Fit Me powder for oily skin. (Side note: I hate the matching foundation. It is a splotchy mess within 5 hours.) I like this, and with the Covergirl foundation and Rimmel primer, it will keep me matte for around 5 hours or so, after that, oil breaks through. For blush and bronzer, I really love this ELF duo! The shimmer in the blush isn't noticeable and the bronzer is a perfect matte shade. All you need is a light hand for this stuff, it's very pigmented and it lasts all day (and only $3)!
Lastly, for eyes, I swear by the Urban Decay primer potion. The travel size is only $12 and has lasted me since June (and it's still going strong). This is a must-have for anyone with oily eyelids. I definitely think this is a good value for a high-end product. You can build this up to create the perfect amount of lasting power! As for eye shadow, I find the most long-lasting to be this German brand, Alverde. Obviously, it's a long way to go for eye shadow, but if you happen to be in Europe, check this brand and its shadows out. This Rimmel shadow stick is also phenomenal...I use buff beige in the inner corners of eyes and it will last all day (no joke). It's also a great eyeshadow and will stay. Promise. Lastly, I have used the Covergirl Perfect Point eyeliner for years. It lasts, even without a primer. 'Nuff said. :) 
Okay, so now for the photos of how all of this wears throughout the day! In this look, I am wearing the Rimmel primer, Covergirl foundation, Maybelline powder, Elf blush and bronzer duo, Covergirl eyeliner, Rimmel shadow stick in the corners of my eyes, Essence Kajal pencil for my eyebrows, NARS Audacious Mascara, and Revlon Matte Balm in Sultry. This photo was taken at 11 am, right after I applied my makeup.
So this is at 4 pm, 5 hours later. As you can see, my forehead and nose look a little oily, but not too bad! No touch-ups at all!
So I apologize for the poor lighting, but the sun was going down! This was at 6 pm, 7 total hours later from when I started. There is more oil, but it looks more like a dewy look. I felt in this photo, you could really tell how long the bronzer on my cheeks lasted! This is typically where I would re-powder, but for the purposes of this post, I didn't touch up whatsoever.

Well, I hope this post helps you with your oily skin! Please comment and let me know and/or share any of your makeup recommendations! Thanks for checking out my rad blog today :)
-Margaux

3 comments: